11.28.2005

procrastinating

It is a dark and stormy night.
*
Quote of the day: "She had that unique ability to--before she finished her first sentence-- alienate everyone else in the room."
*
I have so much to do that I'm perpetually in a near-panicked state. But now that I have an evening to work, I can accomplish nothing. I have nervous energy, which is normal for the last couple of weeks of the quarter. I need the adrenaline to deal with everything, but instead of selecting one small, do-able task, my mind is flitting from one insurmountable task to the next. In an effort to focus, I have some fairly distracting music on. Sometimes that helps, because I have to devote a bit of energy to listening to the music and not getting too caught up in it. It's not helping. I'm just getting distracted by both the music and major tasks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home